1. ROADWAY AUTHORITY
- Code of Alabama 1975 Section 23-1-80 grants the County Commission specific authority to establish, promulgate, enforce rules and regulations to maintain a good road system, and has been cited as authority to maintain and regulate County rights-of-way.
2. ROADWAY ENCROACHMENT
- Signs, markers and advertising on County rights-of-way are prohibited except those placed by the County.
- The County may compel the removal of non-breakaway structures that interfere with the safe use of County rights-of-way (ie. Mailboxes, Telephone Poles, etc.).
3. ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS
- The County has implemented the following improvements for roadway safety:
- Insure proper sign installation.
- Improved lane visibility by keeping road center line striping in good condition.
- Improved sight distance and braking reaction time by clearing the rights-of-way.
- Improved bridge visibility by placing object marker stickers on guardrails and end anchors.
- Maintain roadway shoulders to same elevation as the pavement, clipping highs and filling lows.
4. ROADWAY INSPECTIONS
- All paved roads are inspected, and assigned a grade, by ALDOT annually.